ISRAEL DESALINATION SOCIETY
Institute for Water Science and Technology
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Grand Water Research Institute
Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
IDS 6th ANNUAL CONFERENCE
UPGRADING GROUNDWATER AND RECYCLED WATER BY DESALINATION
December 16-17, 2003
Joya Claire Sonnenfeldt Auditorium
Ben Gurion University of the Negev
Beer Sheva, Israel
The 6th annual conference of the Israel Desalination Society will be dedicated
to: UPGRADING GROUNDWATER AND RECYCLED WATER BY DESALINATION.
The meeting is aimed at bringing together different disciplines in the field
for reviewing the necessity, importance and current status of salt removal
from groundwater and recycled water, to report innovations and new projects
and to discuss future trends.
The conference is organized by the Israel Desalination Society under the
auspices of the Institute for Water Sciences and Technologies of the
Ben-Gurion University and the Grand Water Research Institute of the Technion.
The conference will take the form of a structured workshop, and will consist
of invited lectures and poster session.
Submission of Posters
The Organizing Committee invites authors to present their works in the poster
session. Authors are requested to send a 2 page abstract by e-mail to Desal03@targetconf.com
The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman font, 12 pt., 1.5 line
Deadline for abstract submission is September 15, 2003.
The conference proceedings will contain the full texts of the invited papers
and of the poster abstracts.
Conference Program Committee
1. Yoram Oren (Chairman) - Ben Gurion University, Institute for Water
Sciences and Technologies
2. Jack Gilron - Ben Gurion University, Institute for Water Sciences and
3. Pinhas Glueckstern - Mekorot Water Co.
4. David Hasson - Rabin Desalination Laboratory
5. Ora Kedem - Ben Gurion University, Institute for Water Sciences and
6. Yaakov Mansdorf- Tambour Ecology
7. Rami Messalem - Ben Gurion University, Institute for Water Sciences and
8. Raphael Semiat - Rabin Desalination Laboratory
Conference Organization Personnel
1. Target Tours Ltd, 3 Ahuzat Bayit St, PO Box 29041, Tel Aviv 61290. Tel:
972-3-5175150, Fax: 972-3-5175155, email@example.com
2. Yoram Oren, Ben Gurion University, Institute for Water Sciences and
3. Jack Gilron, Ben Gurion University, Institute for Water Sciences and
4. Rami Messalem, Ben Gurion University, Institute for Water Sciences and
Gilron, D. Hasson (Coordinator), R. Semiat.
accounts managers ? D. Hasson & R. Semiat
of the IDS Council
Arbel, R. Aviram, A. Adin, A. Barak, D. Ben-Yoav, N. Berkman, U. Fisher,
J. Gilron, P. Glueckstern, D. Hasson (IDS Coordinator), D. Hoffman, S.
Kantor (IDS Chairman), Y. Kantor, J. Keidar, Y. Mansdorf, A. Offir, Y.
Oren, M. Perry, M. Priel, R. Semiat, J. Weinberg
Rabin Desalination Laboratory
of Chemical Engineering
- Israel Institute of Technology
+972 (4) 8292936, 8292009 Fax: +972 (4) 8230476